Store your sandbox instances
Demandware with ease allows you to keep all of your sandbox instances in a single place.This allows you to use the following options for each of them.
- Keep BM Session Alive - this option will make your session never expire after the 15 minutes period in Business Manager.
- Login in BM automatically - this option will automatically log-in Business Manager whenever the login screen pops up.
There are a few shortcuts when you hover over the saved configuration.From there you can:
- Open the sandbox Business Manager directly from the options.
- Edit the selected sandbox instance.
- Add Alias button, will expand the sandbox configuration with additional field, which will mimic the behaviour and functionalities of your main sandbox configuration.
- Keep BM Session Alive will make your session never expire after the 15 minutes period in Business Manager.
- Automatically Login in BM will automatically log-in Business Manager whenever the login screen pops up.
Your passwords are stored securely using AES encryption and are never visible in plain text once input.
Please Note: Passwords are optional.However, keep in mind that you will not be able to use the automatic login in Business Manager functionality.
Please Note: Exporting your sandboxes trough the options menu does NOT export your passwords with it. You should configure them manually again when you import the configurations elsewhere.
Helper Context Menu & Smart Popup Shortcuts
Gain faster access to most popular pages or quickly edit your sandbox configuration.
Alternatively you can right-click while on a demandware sandbox page, to bring the context menu while on a saved sandbox configuration, in order to use the dynamic context menu.
You can configure it trough extension options with custom links.
The extension will notify you if you visit a demandware sandbox which is not saved as configuration, or if the password input is wrong while Automatic Login is turned on.You can turn off notifications in the options menu.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Demandware with ease?
Demandware with ease is an extension build to speed up and enhance your personal experience using the Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C Platform.
What is the current browser support?
We currently support Google Chrome and Firefox, but we have future plans for other browsers too.
How to setup a sandbox configuration?
There are 3 ways to setup a sandbox configuration:
- Left click on the extension icon and select New button.
- Left click on the extension icon and select Add Sandbox Configuration button.
- Right-click on the extension icon and select Options, from there click the New Sandbox button.
Are my passwords secure?
Yes. Your passwords are stored securely using AES encryption and are also hidden in plain text once input.Doing export on your sandboxes also clears your password for security reasons.
Do I have to set a password?
No. However, If you dont present a username and password, you will not be able to use one of the core functionalities - Automatic Business Manager Login.
Can I use the extension in staging and production?
Yes. However, we recommend using the extension only for the Developers and Development sandboxes.